The re-done bedroom is complete (well, almost; keep reading . . .)
New curtains on the window.
New curtains on the French doors.
Especially in the afternoon, the light diffusing through them gives the room a lovely greenish-blue glow.
However, as I alluded to above, I need to do a little more work on the curtains.
This was the first time I had made tab curtains. I used this book as a guide (which I’ve owned for quite a few years, and finally had occasion to use) but I didn’t quite measure things as well as I might, or should, have.
Specifically: the tabs on the window curtain are too long (they do not cover the roll-down shade) and the curtains on the French door are too short.
But — I have an idea for how to remedy these problems. I have extra fabric. I think I will just add another band of fabric to the top or bottom respectively, and then cover the seam with a length of ribbon or trim.