For the past few months, I’ve been making a variety of 8″ (finished) blocks, which may end up in some sort of sampler quilt. Or may not. I just don’t know yet. For right now, I’m just having fun making them.
I’ve drafted foundation patterns for most of them, but a few of them have a lot of Y-seams. I’ve successfully machine-pieced such blocks, but this time around, I thought it would be fun to try to make them using English paper piecing.
I’ve found that I enjoy the technique, and I’ve been satisfied with the results.
Up to now, the pieces I’ve been assembling have been of a reasonable size. This morning, however, I spent an hour or two preparing the pieces for the latest block. My husband observed, quite rightly, that these are Really Small Pieces.