The latest quilt project I’ve been working on, in an effort to use fabric from my stash, is making a whole bunch of Disappearing 16 Patch blocks.
I used a pack of 6-1/2″ strips of Kaffe Fassett fabrics and a bunch of mini charm square packs.
The result was a whole bunch of wildly colorful blocks. These are just a handful. I think there are more than 100.
When I started, I wasn’t sure what size quilt I would want to make. But now, I’m thinking several baby quilts. Depending on how many blocks I put in each quilt, it’ll be four or five.
I pulled out some flannel left over from some pajama pants I made a long time ago that I will use for the backing. And I bought some plain dark blue fabric for the binding.
I might even machine quilt these, which is something I hardly ever do.