Not-So-Scrappy Quilt

Yesterday, I finished sewing together my latest quilt for Project Linus.

This one is less scrappy than the previous ones, and I departed from the practice of just using fabric from my stash.

Sew one quilt

I had selected three fabrics to use — background, medium and dark. But when I sat down to cut out the pieces, I decided I did not like the medium I had chosen. It was too pink to coordinate well with the other two fabrics.

I looked through my stash of purples again. There was one medium purple that was more blue and worked better, but I had only a very small remnant, not nearly enough.

So, I bought some fabric just for this quilt top.

It is a Tula Pink print, and it was the only fabric I found that was — again — not a pink-y lavender, but a blue-toned one.

The quilt is “Porcelain Stars” from Sew One and You’re Done by Evelyn Sloppy.

I did not follow her instructions for how to make flying geese bucks, half-square triangle units, and quarter-square triangle units. Instead, I used the No-Waste method for the flying geese, and this method for the HSTs and QSTs.

This entry was posted in quilting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s